Sunday, July 3, 2011

Week 1


(Its going to take me some time to get use to the early 4 am morning prayer calls.)  Sunday was the first day of our class, and I have to say, everyone here is amazing.  The professor is intimidating but inspirational.  My classmates all have very strong and positive personalities.  Sometimes I think to myself how is it that I am here with such a great group of people.  I feel very lucky to be able to be apart of all of this.  I am very humble and look forward to learning so much from not only the professor but my fellow classmates as well. 



 After class, we were given a tour of Amman.  Amman is so beautiful and breathtaking, and I just can’t believe that I am here.  It is nothing like what I am use to seeing! Ill let the pictures speak for me.  These pictures were taking while walking downtown, and through Amman Citadel. 











On Mondays and Wednesdays we have clinic days.  I am assigned with 3 other classmates Nitin, James and Alice at the Al Baqa'a refugee clinic.  I’ve been very lucky to be shadowing Dr. Dua’a and Dr. Khaled.  They are both very amazing and passionate. They both have taught me so much in just two days!  The clinic is super duper busy.  On Wednesday, my Dr. saw about 70+ patients within the 4 hours that I was there.  Not only did he see the patients, but he also had time to translate for me.  So amazing!



Picture below is the market place we have to drive through in order to get to the clinic. 



On Thursday we had a site visit to the Ministry of Health.  We took a class picture there! :)


   
Friday, we had a trip to the Dead Sea.  The lowest place on earth.  It was so gracious.  My classmates floated around while I explored the area with my roommate Ellin.  Enjoy the pictures! 






My first week in Jordan has already passed and I can’t wait for the following weeks! There's so much to do and not enough time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment