Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 4


This week came and went at a good pace for me, but then again, maybe I am just now getting use to the lightening speed.  On Wednesday, a group of 11 of us went out to lunch.  It was amazing.  The restaurant is called Tawaheen Al. Hawa.  It was a bit pricey but overall, it was delicious! There was so much food!   
  







Our site visit on Thursday was to the WHO (World Health Organization in Amman, Jordan).  During the visit, I was able to learn more about the larger level of aspects pertaining to health of the population.  Seeing things on a larger scale is definitely something else but being able to understand and apply why things happen the way they do based on the multi-level complexity of health was a good eye opening experience.  P.S.  Of course we took a class picture at the WHO but I have been unsuccessful in locating it.  I will post a picture of the WHO visit once I find it ! :) 
Thursday afternoon and evening was full of fun.  Shopping downtown!!! I love shopping, but what girl doesn’t, so of course I was able to get plenty of souvenirs.  It was nice to be able to use the arabic numbers I learned which came in handy when I wanted to bargain too.  I am really satisfied with my shopping experience because just interacting with the locals was an overall positive experience. Then that evening we went out and danced the night away! :) It was our last chance to go out before our last week, so our group of 18 overtook the club.  It was plenty of fun, and by the end of the night, I was exhausted and ready for bed. 


Today, Sunday is my roommate Ellin’s birthday.  I am glad I was able to help arrange for her to get a ginormous birthday cake here in Jordan for her 21st birthday. The hotel manager even had her cut her cake with a sword.  Happy Birthday roomie!  




Week 4 is now over and my last week in Jordan has just begun.  I am having mixed feelings about going home.  Sad to be leaving such a welcoming place with such wonderful people but happy to be able to go home because I miss my family very much.   I know these next few days will be flying by because I have finals and a report plus presentation that I need to prepare for, but I am going to make an extra effort to step back and enjoy my last week here in the Kingdom of Jordan! 

1 comment: